Monday, February 09, 2009

Valentine's

Do you do anything for Valentine's Day? It's still a "holiday" (and I use that word very loosely) that I'm finding my way on. Having not dated until I met my husband, it is safe to say that Valentine's was not a bright spot on my radar. Most V-days were spent in denial of the day or heading out to a dinner and movie with girlfriends so that we didn't spend the evening alone.

While I will agree with almost anyone that Valentine's has been blown way out of proportion by Hallmark and American Greetings, I love having a special day of love to celebrate with my husband AND my girls. Not that my girls (or my husband) don't know that I love them, but a fun day of little "love" treats on a day not their birthday can be a bright spot in the middle of cold, gray days.

I've been trying to think of things that I can do for at least one family member each day. This morning my girls helped me pack their Daddy's lunch for work and we had fun planting a little surprise in Daddy's lunchbox.

Mr. Incredible

I'm hoping to send something in T's lunch every day this week and come up with a few treats for the girls as well - today we had a spontaneous picnic at the park. Unfortunately that backfired on us with a disastrous diaper incident so I'm working on a plan B. :)

Any plans in your neck of the woods for this week?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:11 PM

    Aren't you a sweet wife for planning something special for your hubby all week long! : ) I'm afraid I'm fresh out of ideas in the Valentine's Day department. My girls are coloring store-bought Valentines tomorrow for kids at church, etc. We'll probably bake some cookies (also the store-bought variety) later in the week, and then we might actually make real, handmade Valentines for daddy and the grandparents, etc. I'm all ears for other good ideas, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...