Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Crocodaddy


Such a sweet book for a Father and son (or daughter, as in my case). :) Crocodaddy is the story of a dad and son playing at the pond. When the son looks in the water, he sees the fierce Crocodaddy! He tries catching the Crocodaddy, but it is toooo sneaky and keeps getting away. Finally, he (the son) catches his prey and enjoys a ride on Crocodaddy’s back. I love the imagination of the little boy – he actually “sees” the Crocodaddy in the water instead of his Daddy splashing around in his swim trunks.

The illustrations in this book are very soft and sweet. The book says the drawings are made from acrylics, but to me and my inexperienced eye, they look like water colors and perfectly match the colors and feel of the story.

This book would make a great gift from son to Dad on Father’s Day!

You can see what other bloggers think about this book here: A Christian Worldview of Fiction, A Mom Speaks, A Patchwork of Books, All About Children’s Books, Becky’s Book Reviews, Booking Mama,Cafe of Dreams, Dolce Bellezza, Fireside Musings, KidzBookBuzz.com, Looking Glass Reviews, Maw Books Blog, Never Jam Today, Olive Tree, Our Big Earth, Reading is My Superpower, SMS Book Reviews, The 160 Acrewoods, Through a Child’s Eyes.

Thanks to KidsBookBuzz for the opportunity to review this book!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:03 PM

    This book would make a great gift from son to Dad on Father’s Day!Oh, yes, absolutely! What a great suggestion. I'm glad you included that idea in your post.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...