Thursday, January 18, 2007

Slow Cooker Thursday - Corn Chowder


6 slices bacon, diced
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups diced, peeled potatoes
2 packages (10 ounce each) frozen whole kernel corn, broken apart
1 can (16 ounce) cream style corn
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup water
Couple of drops of hot sauce (optional)
My own variation: Add 1-2 cans evaporated milk at the end before serving


In skillet, fry bacon until crisp; remove & reserve. Add onion andpotatoes to bacon drippings and sauté for about 5 minutes; drain well. Combine all ingredients in Crock Pot; stir well. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 - 7 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...