Thursday, July 01, 2010

Chronicles of Narnia Reading Challenge

Chronicles of Narnia

Hosted by Carrie @ Reading to Know ... I'm participating in this in July! My goals right now (for me and my girls) are as follows:

1. To finish reading The Silver Chair as our current real-aloud chapter book.

2. To listen to The Magician's Nephew and The Last Battle on audio book during our family vacation.

Bonus:

3. For me to read through The Magician's Nephew and The Last Battle books. I sort-of think that Noelle might want to continue reading the series together, but on the off-chance that she's ready for a break, then I may try and fit them in myself.

We, too, like Carrie, are very excited about the movie of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader coming out this fall! I am hoping that I will be able to take Noelle to see that as a big-girl treat for doing such a great job reading the books with me, but that will remain to be seen until we either preview it or find some reviews on it.  I'm working my way through watching Prince Caspian on DVD ... truthfully, Travis watched it last night, but I completely fell asleep and didn't even it make it past them rescuing Trumpkin at the ruins of Cair Paravel. (Totally blaming pregnancy. : )) I have multiple loads of laundry looming at me currently, so that is going to be my treat during the girls' rest time for the next few days, I can see. : )

Anyway, if you are going to participate in Carrie's challenge, link up over at Reading to Know!

Just as an FYI for those that do comment here, I've had to enable comment moderation due to some icky spam and the fact that I'm going to be away from the computer for several days. If you don't see your comment show up immediately, don't panic. I'll review them as I have time and will get them up. Thanks. : )

1 comment:

  1. PANIC?! PANIC!?

    ;D Ok.I'll try not to.

    LOL on falling asleep during Caspian. I'm hoping to watch the movies again this month. I have a friend coming to live with us for a month (to help with babysitting during wedding season) and we have some girl's night plans which I'm hoping to involve Narnia at some point. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...