Monday, January 28, 2013

New Favorite

Three days in a row. New favorite.

This has been my new go-to breakfast for the last couple of weeks. I ran out of sweet potatoes over the weekend and have been missing having this the last couple of mornings! I’ve been trying to cut back on my amount of white flour and carbs in general and this has been a GREAT stand-in for an egg sandwich for breakfast.

I run my potatoes through my food processor to save time, then mix the raw sweet potatoes with an egg, some salt and pepper, and a dash of Lawry’s seasoning salt. The recipe calls for cinnamon and onion as well, but I haven’t had either on hand and so I made them without. I cook them on a hot skillet and until crispy and add one more egg along side (or on top) of the potatoes.

Super yum and extremely filling!

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...