Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Bullet Train

Just in case you don't see how clever the blog title is ... it could mean that I'm going to post in bullets OR it could mean that I'm going to tell you about what we have been doing to study Japan the last two weeks. (See this link if that is still confusing). :)

We're going to go with the bullet list this time and save Japan for later. :)
  • Life is good, good, good here, but this homeschooling thing has changed a lot of thing.
  • One is that our days are FULL.
  • Because I am spending most of my mornings sitting with N1 working on school with her (and some preschool things with N2), it means that other things are not getting done when they used to.
  • Things like: dinner prep, laundry, housecleaning, laundry.
  • You get the picture.
  • However, school is going very well, so I am thankful for that. And, we have spent the last two weeks reading and studying about Japan so hopefully I can share some books we have enjoyed soon.
  • This past weekend BBoo went for her first all-by-herself overnight to the grandparents house. Big stuff.
  • We missed her like crazy over here - but I have to say T and I got a ton of stuff done around here without our favorite two year old around. He took N1 and ran a bunch of errands for our fall garden he's putting in, and N2 and I did a massive grocery run.
  • I think N1 said it best as I was tucking them into bed on Saturday night:

N1: Mama, it sure is boring around here with Betsy gone.
Me: Yes, it is.
N1: Mama, what does boring mean?
Me: In this case, it means "quiet." :)

  • And now, I'm off to do a few things while the girls are finishing up a late rest time. I have a feeling that blogging may slip on my list a bit while we are heavily schooling ... we'll see what happens.
  • I met with my co-leader for N1's girl scout troop and we have a tentative plan of action for our parents' meeting that is in two weeks. Not sure what I have gotten myself into quite yet, but we're going to try it out for this year and just see how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. My mom started Girl Scouts with the same attitude "we'll try it for a year" when I was in the second grade -- and didn't quit until my sister earned her gold award some 13 years later.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having a great time! I know what you mean about a re-ordering of the day. Most days we finish by noon, but still. . . it does throw things off a bit. We'll get it figured out just in time for the next big change. . . :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend (who has 3 kids) and I have decided after years of shopping with 2, 3, & 4 kids that only taking one child with you is practically shopping alone! :) I remember the days though when shopping with one child was overwhelming. :) School starts here on Tuesday. Sigh. I still haven't gotten a good schedule figured out or a math book ordered.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...