Thursday, September 03, 2009

DipTacular



That BooMama ... she is brilliant. Today is the DipTacular bloggy link-up where folks have been invited to share their favorite dips. I love dips and appetizer-y type foods ... so I'm going to share two favorites from our household. The second dip is one of my favorites for fall so I'm glad BooMama reminded me of it. We'll be enjoying it soon! Anyway, on to the recipes...

Peanut Butter Hummus


My all time favorite hummus recipe ... mostly because it's the only one that I have ever made, but it is super easy and I usually always have all the ingredients on hand. Plus, this can be served with either bread (pita pieces, bagel chips, etc.) or with fruits and veggies (I like apples, carrots and celery with hummus) and it's ALMOST healthy. :)


1 can of chickpeas (15-19 oz)

1/3 cup warm water

2 T. olive oil

3 T lemon or lime juice

4 T. peanut butter

1 clove garlic, crushed (I have been known to substitute garlic powder in a pinch)

1/4 t. salt


In a food processor, combine all ingredients and blend to a dip consistency. If it is too thick, add more warm water 1 tablespoon at a time. Serve immediately or store in the refridgerator up to 3 days.


Pizza Fondue
Recipe credit goes to the A Year of Slow Cooking Blog


1 cup pasta sauce

1/2 tsp Italian seasoning

10 pieces pepperoni, diced

1 cup shredded cheese (use whatever you want or have! I haven't tried it, but I think you *could* substitute cream cheese instead of the shredded cheese with equal success.)

Count out 10 pieces of pepperoni. Put the pasta sauce into a small crockpot, and plug it in. Add the Italian seasoning and diced pepperoni. Add the shredded cheese. Cover and leave plugged in for 45 min or so until melty and wonderful. Stir well and serve with tortilla chips, bread or bagel chips, pizza bread sticks - whatever!


*My note ... I have made this one several times and it is always a hit with guys. You can make sure to use a pizza sauce that is heavy on the meat and then this is VERY filling.


For more DipTacular dips, head over to BooMama's!

3 comments:

  1. Yum!! Sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMO...pizza dip..just another way to get pizza in the diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. heyy .. i think that peanut butter hummus could qualify as healthy?? esp for little girls who need their protein!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...