Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thankful Daybook

I made the mistake of looking and it has been May since I've done a daybook. I love this snippets of what has been going on here and miss the record of things that have happened. Here's to catching up a bit...

Outside my window...

It has been a cold, wet, drizzly day today. Pretty perfect for November. Although I wouldn't have complained if I'd seen some afternoon sun. I do love a grey day - perfect for blankets and comfy clothes. Especially when it's our family pizza and movie night and we're hunkering down for the evening.

I am thinking...

That I need a teacher's inservice day. A day to look at the calendar and map out the next few months. Trying to figure out to make it happen ... may mean a movie day for munchkins but I'm sure that won't be a problem for them. : )

I am thankful...

that we have reached our holiday break. Almost every activity has wrapped up for the year with just a couple of exceptions and I'm reveling in the chance to get caught up on lots and lots of things. My list is probably overambitious, but it's been such a busy fall, I can't help myself.

In the kitchen...

@thepioneerwoman chocolate sheet cake happening.

Nada. It's pizza night tonight so no cooking for me! The photo above is from the Pioneer Woman's chocolate sheet cake which I made last weekend for a dinner. There is something about making a cake from scratch that I kinda like.

I am wearing...

Black maxi skirt, light pink tshirt, darker pink hoodie and slippers.

I am creating...

Some plans for December. Lists of Christmas books I need to reserve at the library.

I am going...

to hopefully get a bundle of errands crossed off my list tomorrow. Our schedule this year means that I don't have much time during the week to get out and run errands, grab a few groceries, etc., so tomorrow is catch-up day. I've realized that one child has no tennis shoes to speak of and another doesn't have a winter coat so that plus the few groceries we need will fill our afternoon.

I am wondering...


I am reading...
My thanksgiving reading plans are both optimistic and laughable.

We had quite a successful run at the library today. And my Thanksgiving reading plans are quite optimistic. And laughable. : ) Seriously, though. I need to do a book post soon! We have read some really great read-alouds this fall and I don't want to forget them.

I am hoping...

For a restful break next week from school. I've been running on empty for a few weeks now (a couple little people have gotten in a bad habit of getting up during the night for random reasons) and I need a break from that. Or a nap. Or both.

I am looking forward to...

a Christmas tree. We are getting on this year. A real one. We've made-do the last two years with a mini tree - with a cruising 1 year old, then a 2 year old boy, it seemed the thing to do. But I so missed a bigger tree full of lights. Please don't hear that as a complaint because it was the season of life we were in ... but I'm excited about a big tree this year.

I am learning...

Lessons in where I am and am not spending my time wisely. Changes are afoot, but implementing them. That's where it gets hard!

Around the house...

Not too shabby, but the first two days of our break next week will involve some detail work in a couple of the kids' bedrooms. Nothing bad, but just some straightening and organizing that I can't get to and do school and feed people and mop the kitchen and ... so on. : )

Clicking around...

Teaching from a State of Rest
A Ministry of Openness

One of my favorite things...

He keeps me on my toes. #notstaged

This dude. He keeps me on my toes.

A few plans for the rest of the week/weekend:

Errands on Saturday + work in the kitchen. Church Thanksgiving service + potluck on Sunday. And I believe Monday is going to be a day of rest (+ laundry).

A peek into my day...

Untitled

Photo added on Saturday.  A few kid-requested kitchen treats.

2 comments:

  1. Mopping the floor? What's that? :-)

    That's a fabulous looking library stack! And the treats at the bottom? Delicious!

    I'd love to catch up with you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. A certain just-turned-8-year-old requested PW's TX sheet cake as her birthday cake this year! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...