Friday, March 24, 2006

Friday Felicities and Other Stuff

N1 was up before 5 a.m. this morning ... not sure WHAT was up with that. So, not surprisingly, she had crawled back into bed by herself by 9 a.m. and went right to sleep. She's woken up really early almost every day this week. Most I've gotten up with her, but this morning I just sat her on her bed with some books and told her to stay there and read, thinking she would relax and go back to sleep. It didn't and she was up for good by about 6:30. Wishing I was drinking caffiene right about now, I can tell you. :-) When she gets up, I may load up the girls and go to McDonalds and let her play in the playyard there. It's too cold to go outside for long and she needs to play.

I'm trying to be diligent about finding activities for her that don't involve the TV and ordered two books last night to read for inspiration: The Toddler's Busy Book and Small Beginnings: First Steps to Prepare Your Toddler for Lifelong Learning. I came to a realization last night ... this may be rambly, but it struck me as true. My husband read computer books. He buys computer books - new, used, doesn't matter - and reads them to glean information to help him perform his job better, to make him a better employee, and maybe one day even make him more marketable if he wants to switch jobs. And, he just likes learning about computers and computer programs! Well, what do I do for a living? I am a wife and mama. It makes perfect sense that I could look for resources to help me with my job and I wouldn't have to stumble blindly here and "ruin" N1. :-) Granted the Bible is the first and foremost authority, but there are other fabulous resources out there written by Godly women and men that I can be learning from. Duh! This has been brewing in my head just after finishing a wonderful book by Carolyn Maheney called Feminine Appeal: 7 Virtues of a Godly Wife and Mother. I could not put it down. (For me to say that about non-fiction is huge). Anyway, I'm pumped to read other books and have a stack of homemaking ones here on my shelf as well. Now to decide what to dive into!

Friday Felicities
Things that make you happy. From the mind of Nattie Rose.

  • Naps.
  • Healthy children.
  • Sugar free pudding.
  • Good books.
  • Wild onions that are cropping up in my front yard.
  • Cold, sunny days.
  • Baby Einstein toys.
  • Gummy, toothless baby grins.
  • Husbands with gotees.
  • W@H
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for commenting!

    One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...