Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas-y Meme

1. Hot Chocolate or apple cider?
Either one is fine with me!

2. Turkey or Ham?
Ham.

3. Do you get a fake or real-you-cut-it-yourself Christmas tree?
We have a fake tree. I've never had a real tree (grew up with a fake one) and am not sure what I would do with one if I had it. The tree that we have was given to me several years ago by friends that didn't want to move it. The price was right for us! :)

4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
No. 

5. Snowball fights or sleddin'?
Neither ... I prefer to be on the couch, reading. :)

6. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
With or without children? :) I think I could enjoy it, but haven't tried it. The internet is my friend.

7. Favorite Christmas song?
O Come All Ye Faithful

8. How do you feel about Christmas movies?
Love. Them. Am working on our collection and slowly gathering some of our favorites - A Charlie Brown Christmas, A Christmas Story, White Christmas, Elf, Rudolph, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, The Santa Clause ... so many.

9. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
I typically don't listen to it before Thanksgiving, but that's more because I rarely slow down to listen to music.

10. Stockings before or after presents?
First thing, please!

11. Carolers, do you or do you not watch and listen to them?
Um, we don't have any usually. But, I would listen if they came by. :)

12. Go to someone else's house or they come to you?
We typically go, although this year I am THRILLED that we are having Christmas morning here at our house.

13. Do you read the Christmas Story? If so when?
Throughout the season. The girls and I are reading through it about two verses at a time at breakfast and talking about it.

14. What do you do after presents and dinner?
Relax. :)

15. What is your favorite holiday smell?
Peppermint. Spiced Tea (orange/clove/cinnamon).

16. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
Neither. See #5 re: curling up on the couch. :)

17. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day?
We've been doing one gift with the girls on Christmas Eve. I am enjoying that tradition with them.

18. Favorite Christmas memory?
I love Christmas Eve. The service at church, going to a friend's home and eating and laughing with long-time friends. Coming home to tuck tired and excited little girls into bed and then snuggling with the husband and usually watching a movie by the light of the Christmas tree. 

19. Favorite Part about winter?
The cold. I am not a hot-weather person so this extra-cold winter has been WONDERFUL for me. :)

20. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?
I don't think so. 

Thought this would be a little fun for a quick December post... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...