Monday, February 23, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook ::: February 23

Outside my Window ... it's dark. And chilly. And quiet. The evening is winding down.

I am thinking
... on some decisions that we need to make re: school for next year. New stuff for these parents and am pondering pros and cons and cons and pros.

I am thankful for
... food in my cabinets that comes together into a decent supper, even when I don't really want to think too much about what to make. :)

In the learning room
... just normal stuff going on 'round here. A little of this and that although I am doing some research on Lent/Easter and digging around for little activities and craft for the girls. Like Advent, I want to set aside some time to talk about the coming celebration of the resurrection with them. Any thoughts or ideas? I'm all ears!

From the kitchen
...

Monday
: spaghetti, salad, baked squash
Tuesday: applesauce chicken (crockpot), noodles/rice?
Wednesday: Quesadillas (cheese for the girls; chicken and spinach for the adults)
Thursday: either breakfast for dinner (eggs, breakfast burritos? something like that) OR something that I'll pull from the freezer
Friday: pizza night
Saturday: grocery shopping day so a new menu start here and I don't have it planned yet :)

I am creating
... a new menu plan for the next month. Starting a new journal (and trying a new format with this one - a 6x9 binder instead of a spiral notebook so we'll see if it works or not).

I am going
... to try and keep this week fairly uneventful. This week is the final week of a huge recording project Travis has been working on. He has the last of the recording to wind up, then mixing it all down into something that he'll send off to be put on CDs next Monday. Hard to believe that we are at the end of this, and with that will mean some busy evenings for him and quiet ones for me and the girls. We've borrowed a few new videos from our cousins and have some popsicles in the freezer to get us by (and keep them quiet) in the evenings while Daddy is working. :)

I am wearing
... blue comfy pants, long-sleeve blue shirt, socks, etc. Monday clothes. :)

I am reading
... I'm between books right at the moment. I just finished The Passion of Mary-Margaret by Lisa Samson and need to find something in my stack to pick up next! I recently read Month by Month Scrapbooking by Amanda Probst and thoroughly enjoyed - several creative sparks went off as I read and I'm looking forward to perusing it again soon.

I am hoping ... to survive this busy week. Sometimes that is a good goal! :)

I am hearing
... just quiet. T is reading the girls a bedtime story tonight so all is quiet out here where the computer is.

Around the house
... a few things scattered here and there from a day of play.

One of my favorite things
... popcorn in the evening, after the munchkins are in bed for the night. Add a diet coke and a book and it's just about perfect.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week ...
like I said, busy week but I don't have much on my plate to compensate. I'm going to do some research on Lent like I mentioned, and some other miscillaneous spring planning, but otherwise, just the norm.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you ...


February 20, 2009

From my Girls' Night Out on Friday ... that's me in the hot pink striped sweater on the right. :)

Do visit Peggy's to see all the other daybook posts this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...