Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Fighting With v. Fighting For

Matthew 19: more about being the least of these and giving all you have to serve and follow the Lord. The last shall be first and the first shall be last. I'm getting the felling that the Lord might want me to work on taking my eyes off myself a little bi
Do not be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughter, your wives, and your homes.

Nehemiah 4:14

I've been reading along in Nehemiah with #shereadstruth. (This is my first time doing a study with them). I was wondering what I was going to do for the summer now that our CBS study wrapped up. I love that I wake up with an email in my inbox with the days reading. Saturday's reading was one of those that hit me between the eyes. As a mom of girls (10, 8, and 7) that I am with all.the.time., it seems that a lot of our days revolves around our feelings and fussings with one another. We are either creating the drama or cleaning up after it.

A good reminder from Nehemiah that I'm supposed to fighting for my family (especially these three little ladies) instead of with them. God will equip me as I parent them if I remember to lean on Him.

and do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength

Nehemiah 8:10

2 comments:

  1. I love this. And it's what I needed to hear as I deal with MY little girl. (Who knew girls were so emotional? I mean, despite the fact I am one....shouldn't I have known?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you stepped on my toes. Ouch. (And in such a good way.) Thank you, dear friend, for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...