Monday, July 29, 2013

Looking for Light

7'28'2013iPa

I’ve recently become acquainted (and enamored) with a new-to-me blog called Pink Ronnie. I discovered her through Project Life earlier this year and have enjoyed a peek into her scrapbooking process and style.

One of the things that I have admired about her photos is her constant search for light and shadow in her home. It’s inspired me to look around my room for some fresh perspective on our home.

7'28'2013iPi

We have lived here now for a little over two years and while I still am so thankful and grateful for this beautiful home we have, some of the newness is wearing off and I’m forgetting to be as thankful as I once was. There are dings in door facings and scuffs on baseboards. The school room is the hottest room in the house during the summer which is somewhat frustrating as it’s where we spend most of our time.

7'28'2013iPj

However, in the grand scheme of these, the inconveniences are SO MINOR. We have plenty of room, clean water, a roof over our head that doesn’t leak and the blessings could go on.

7'28'2013iPk

Sometimes a little refocusing is in order. I’m thankful for this lesson that is working on my heart.

7'28'2013iPh

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steph,
    Your home is beautiful Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind words. I do love looking for light and shadow, it's become one of my favourite things to do. :)
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, LOVE the light! ANd your home really is so very beautiful! (And clean. I'm starting to feel like I need to go and...uh....clean...something.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...