Monday, May 19, 2014

A Summer Project :: Cookie Friday

Untitled

A few months ago I purchased this simple cookie cookbook from Marta. After reading through the recipes a summer project idea was born. The goal: to bake through the Cookie Friday cookbook and try all the recipes out, one at a time. There are 27 recipes in here and that sure seems like a lot of cookies to bake (and eat!) this summer, but hopefully we are up to the challenge. : )

Malted milk chocolate chip cookies for the Monday win.

We've already gotten a little jump start on a few of the recipes. As of now, we can check off:
Second installment in baking through our little cookie cookbook. It's been a MONDAY and a half and chocolate and burrowing in this evening is a necessity.
  • Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. Basically your regular chocolate chip cookie baked in bar form.
IMG_3978
  • Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies with Pecans and Dried Cherries. I made these with out the pecans (kids that don't like nuts in their cookies!) and with white chocolate chips instead of plain chocolate. A sweet and slightly rich tasting cookie. Excellent with coffee.
IMG_4078
  • Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies. Yummm. 
These cookies were actually part of another cookie project, within our summer cookie project. (Confusing.) We recently celebrated my Dad's birthday and a typical birthday present from us is a gift certificate to his favorite Mexican restaurant. We came up with a cookie of the month club!

IMG_4127

I gave N1 the project of designing some simple cards in Word and we printed them out and glued them to card stock. Each month we make him a batch of cookies. And, so that we can spread the cookies out a little longer, this first month I only baked about half the batch of cookies. The other half I rolled in some saran wrap and froze so he has some cookie dough already prepped to cut and roll out for later.

Hopefully I will remember to update on our progress over the summer!


2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I think I might steal (um, borrow) it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the day to visit your house is Friday, hmmm......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...