Monday, May 25, 2015

Project Life :: May Update

Untitled

I managed to get a couple more weeks in my 2015 Project Life album - yay! This weekend was delightfully low key with soccer done for the year which meant I managed to squeeze in a few scrapbooking minutes. These are the last two weeks - May 11-17 and May 18-24. I utilized the Project Life app quite a bit on these layouts making collages to fit in a couple of busy days. I haven't yet printed through the app yet; I just save them to my phone and print them with the rest of my regular photos.

Untitled

This week was full with field trips, the end of Awana, standardized testing for one, and soccer for a boy. I had a Hobby Lobby coupon and bought the first new core kit that I've added in a while - the Fine and Dandy kit. I love the colors in the kit - so summery that it was perfect for layouts for both of these two weeks. My one thought on my first run through the kit was that it sure seemed to have a LOT of vertical cards which I rarely, if ever use.

Untitled

Untitled

Up close of the collages I made in the PL app. I played along with Ali's Day in the Life (blogged here) and didn't want to include an insert in my album. Two collages and it was included right along with the rest of the week.

Untitled
Untitled

Rain showers and bikes, a little jazz guitar, the last soccer game of the season, another field trip to a local nature sanctuary, and finally! The pool opens!

Untitled
UntitledUntitled

I found a couple of these 4x6 sleeves that adhere in your album and used one to add a couple collages from last Friday's field trip. I don't love the little sleeves, but I didn't want an whole insert either. It works. : )

Untitled

I have a handful of weeks I need to catch up journaling in from the spring so that is my June project. I also pulled my 2014 album (July-Dec) off the shelf and was pleasantly surprised that I wasn't as behind as I thought in there. If I could stay current, plus do a week or two of catch up a week, I'd be a happy camper this summer. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...