Monday, September 25, 2006

Menu Plan Monday and a few other things



So, last week's menu was just a farce ... due to an unexpected vet visit and a few other expenses, there was no grocery shopping done last week. (Very. Sad.) So I ended up making due with what we had in the cabinets ... always a few interesting meals there. And since it was the end of the month we were out of tons of stuff ... milk, cereal, even my back-up cans of soup! :) But God provided, and we were even blessed with dinner with friends on Friday night. Still drooling about the roast and gravy she made ... I was mopping it up with my roll. Yum. So, that said, this is my tentative menu plan for this week:

Monday: Chicken and wild rice in the crockpot
Tuesday: Lentils and rice taco bake (from the kitchen of Leann)
Wednesday: chicken nuggets and fries for N1 before Awana, leftovers for the adults afterwards
Thursday: chicken ceasar salads
Friday: pizza night ... might go a little wild this week and make a HAWAIIAN pizza, yum!
Saturday: birthday party for the adults so no cooking
Sunday: up in the air

It's just been busy lately. Fall activites have started back ... my baby is a Cubbie at Awanas this year. It's hard to believe that she will be 3 years old next week! And, that I'm going to the Dr. tomorrow for my first OB appointment for our 3rd baby! All I can say is WoW. I'm 8 weeks along now, and this pregnancy has already been so different than both of the girls'. I have been nauseous quite a bit and very tired, but that's it compared to the continual throwing up with the girls. I'm NOT saying that means this is a boy ... I'm just enjoying not spending most of my day in the bathroom this time around. :)

I finished my first book for the Fall in to Reading Challenge this weekend ... The Hiding Place. So wonderful. Just an amazing picture of one normal woman who consistently hid God's Word in her heart and that's what carried her through hiding Jews in her home and Nazi concentration camps. I'm just a few chapters away from finishing Ambassador Families so I want to wrap that up this week. That's a book that has made me think ... but more on that later. I'm really wanting to read a fiction book, but I have only to make it until Sunday so I'm hanging in there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...