Friday, September 12, 2008

Touches of Autumn

Next week we are going to be talking about Autumn in our pre-K work! One of my favorite times of year, especially here in Tennessee. The colors of leaves are breathtaking and I am always ready for the cooler weather. :) We've been doing some cleaning around the house today and put up a few autumn touches to enjoy over the next few months.

Touches of Autumn

N1 and I hung this banner over our large window in the family room.

Touches of Autumn

This is the pass-through window between our kitchen and family room. On display are a few fall cookie cutters, my tea pot, and a candle. That is also a bowl of candy that desperately needs cleaned out (and a bunch of it throw away)!

Touches of Autumn ::: My Tea Drawer

A reorganization of my tea supplies was also in order. The cans are loose teas from Adagio Tea. I had ordered Travis some sample packs of their loose leaf tea for Valentine's day and there are some very unusual flavors in there! Some of my favorites were their vanilla tea and peppermint. They also have a traditional Earl Gray (loose-leaf) that is good. :) Also, in the bottom left corner of the picture is loose-leaf tea from my good friend Laura. She has just started her own tea business and I can vouch that it is good (as are her prices!) If you have time, please stop by her site and look around. I would really like to try some of this tea - Yogi's Egyptian Licorice. I love black licorice, and think it would sound good in a hot tea.

I hear munchkins stirring from rest time so off again. Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...