Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bloggy Book Review: The Right Call by Kathy Herman

It's been a while since I've done a book review on the blog, however, since I had read books 1 & 2 in this series (thanks to book reviews I had accepted) I couldn't turn down book 3! : )


Recently I was sent a copy of The Right Call by Kathy Herman to review. This is book three in the Sophie Trace Trilogy ... you can read the reviews I wrote of book 1, The Real Enemy, here, and book 2, The Last Word here.

The Right Call: A Novel (Sophie Trace Trilogy)Kathy Herman’s The Right Call, the third book in the Sophie Trace trilogy, has made the April ECPA Fiction bestseller list.  All three titles in this trilogy are now bestselling books. Additionally in the Amazon Kindle store, The Real Enemy was listed the #1 bestseller in fiction, #1 in Literature and Fiction, #1 in Mystery, #1 in Genre Fiction, and #5 bestseller in all Kindle books.

In
The Right Call, Herman looks at the topic of addictions and obsessions. Based on 2 Peter 2:19b: “For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him,” The Right Call demonstrates how we’re all slaves to something—either to God and righteousness or to the flesh and its pitfalls. Filled with heart-pounding suspense that delivers heart-changing truth, The Right Call uses the perilous story of a young college student to reinforce the importance of walking closely with God, to be armed with wisdom and strength in order to face the toughest of circumstances. 



If you enjoy a clean mystery series, this would make an easy and quick summer read. While this probably isn't my favorite of the three in the trilogy (that would probably go to The Real Enemy), this continues the story with Brill Jessup, sheriff of Sophie Trace, and her family and does a great job of concluding the series. This also shows the growth that each of the characters have made spiritually through the struggles in the series, and a happy conclusion for Brill's daughter Vanessa.


This review copy was provided to me by TBB Media. I have received no compensation other than a copy of this book. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...