Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Last Word by Kathy Herman

I was recently sent a copy of The Last Word by Kathy Herman. This is the second book in the Sophie Trace Trilogy. (I reviewed the first book, The Real Enemy, here.)

This book is another good example of well-done Christian mystery/suspense fiction. The main character Brill Jessup is still the police chief of Sophie Trace. This time, however, the threat that has entered the town is looking for her. An old case from her past has return, leaving injured (and worse) officers in its wake. Unfortunately, Brill is unable to focus on fully on the case at hand. At the same time officers are been attacked under her watch, there is an upheaval on the homefront which blindsides both her and her husband.

This is a book where it is obvious that the author is not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ and that is played out surprisingly in the last pages of the book. (Not giving away any secrets here). :) I found myself rooting for and sympathizing with the characters.

If you are a fan of authors like Dee Henderson or Terri Blackstock, I heartily the suggest Kathy Herman's Sophie Tracie Trilogy. At least books 1 and 2! I'm glad that there is one more book in this trilogy to look forward to ... I'm enjoying them!

In the interest of full disclosure, I have received no compensation for this review other than a copy of the book to read and review!

1 comment:

  1. I have read several Kathy Herman books and they're all really engrossing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...