Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Crockpot Comfort Food ::: Angel Chicken

This is a recent family favorite that I discovered in the Kraft Food & Family Magazine. (By the way, if you are not subscribed to this free magazine, you should be! They have great recipes in there ... did I mention free?) :)

Anyway, being a big fan of the crockpot, I tried this one out and it's a winner.

Angel Chicken

4 oz. (1/2 of 8 oz. pkg.) cream cheese, softened (I've used regular and fat-free, both are fine!)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (regular or fat free is fine here, too)
1/4 cup italian dressing
1/4 cup dry white wine (I used cooking wine)
1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 lb. angel hair pasta, uncooked
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley

Beat cream cheese, soup, dressing and wine with whisk until blended; pour over chicken in slow cooker. Cover. Cook on High 2-3 hours (or on low 4-5 hours).

Cook pasta as directed on package about 15 minutes before chicken is done; drain. Serve topped with chicken mixture and parsley.

Hope you enjoy it!

5 comments:

  1. This looks yummy! I'm trying to use the crockpot more. It just makes my life so much simpler from 5-6:30!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all of this and this is going to be tonight's dinner. WOOT! =D It sounds DELICIOUS! My only question is- do you put the chicken in when it is frozen or is it supposed to be dethawed first?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I set it out the counter for a little bit just so I could dice it easier, but it was still quite frozen. No need to thaw it all the way!

    You’ll have to tell me what you think. Hope you guys like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We ate it this evening and it was pronounced "good." Actually, "This is pretty good."

    So there you have it! Thanks for dinner tonight.;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good, Stephanie! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...