Monday, October 04, 2010

Learn Something New Every Day ... Week 1

As I mentioned a couple times, I participated in Shimelle's Learn Something New Every Day class in September. I really enjoyed this project ... I made it very simple and just worked on being observant to our daily life over a 30-day period. As you will see from the pages, it's not fancy, and I didn't write long novels for each day. Just a sentence or two to share something I noticed or want to remember.

For the base of the album, I used a pack of Amber Autumn cardstock matstack from DCWV and purchased from Joann's. The cardstock was actually 4.5 x 6.5, but I didn't even bother to trim it down to match my 4x6 photos. I used several different journalling tags and embellishments throughout the mini-album and I'll try to remember to note what tag came from where. Some were freebies online and some were from digital kits that I purchased. Again, I went with easy - I printed most of them on my home printer on sticker/label paper and then trimmed and stuck them down. Lastly, I bound the whole project together with my bind-it-all. Truthfully, I was given the bind-it-all several years ago for a birthday present and, other than little things for the girls, this may be the first project I've used it for for me.

Note: You can click any picture to see it bigger in Flickr.

Cover - September 2010

The cover.
::: Black border from Gitzen Girl's blog.
::: "Note to Self" and "learn something new every day" wordart from Shimelle as part of the class downloads.

September 1

::: Journaling label from Creativity Prompt blog.

September 2

::: Library card from the Parent-Teacher store.

September 3

:::  Journaling card from Karen Grunberg's blog.

September 4

:::  Journaling cards (here and here) from Karen Grunberg's blog.

September 5

::: Label from Creativity Prompt blog.

September 6

::: Journaling card from Karen Grunberg.

September 7

::: Lined writing paper from the Parent-Teacher store.

Week 2 coming up tomorrow...

5 comments:

  1. LOVE it all. I need to try this class out next year. Aren't you glad you did this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it ALL too! What a fabulous use of the labels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, Stephanie! I haven't scrapbooked in SOOOO long. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very neat!!! I love this idea.... thank you for sharing with us Stephanie! Praying for baby... I know the time is soon... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph, you are so good at scrapbooks!! Love, love, love this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...