Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Christmas Cards!

A few weeks ago I ordered some baby announcements from Shutterfly, and I was recently given the opportunity to blog about some of their Christmas cards. Since I was completely thrilled with the baby cards, of course, I said yes. : )

I'm going to be combining the baby announcements and Christmas cards in the same envelope so I mostly looked at their 4 x 8 size cards that they offer. (They also offer a flat card that can be either 5x5 or 5x7 and a fold-over card). We're hoping to get a good family picture over Thanksgiving so I specifically looked at the card options that had room for one good sized single picture. Some of my favorites are:




(Yes, I love that deep chocolate brown color and especially if it has that splash of deep red in it). : )

If I had to pick my Christmas card today, I would go with the middle design that says Merry Christmas and has the simple ornaments on it. In my opinion, you can't beat the quality of the cards that you get from Shutterfly. I have ordered photo cards from them and from Costco and while I love the convenience of Costco being down the street and the fact that I can pick up the cards in an hour or so, the cards from Shutterfly have a more finished and professional look to them. I.e., the foldover cards are on thick cardstock and have a great heavy weight to them as opposed to a more glossy photo card. And, another nice thing, if you want to get a jump start and send your cards out soon they have Thanksgiving cards ... or if you are a little late to the game, there are New Year's options as well. (I'm keeping those in mind with as busy as this fall has been for some reason!)

Thank you to Shutterfly for the opportunity to blog about their cards! In the way of disclosure, in return for this post, I will get 50 free Christmas cards. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:17 PM

    Thanks for the great ideas! I really like the last red card with nativity silhouette.

    I am ready to take our kids' photos as soon as the light and timing is right. With baby boy coming sometime in January, though, I thought about postponing sending them altogether. What a smart idea you have to mail them together!

    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fifty free Christmas cards??? I want some!

    I'm struggling this year to combine Christmas cards with new address cards. Hopefully I can find a cute way to mix the two without looking like I mixed the two. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...