Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Project Life Week 47 // December 2-9

Why, hello there! Yes, I still do Project Life! : )
It’s been quite a while since I’ve done a PL post and I’ve missed sharing them. I am behind on several weeks of layouts but as we are in the final weeks of 2012, I’m in a full-court press to finish up my book so I can start fresh in 2013. Definitely sticking with this system another year.
Since I didn’t have to do any Classical Conversations prep on Monday night this week, I holed up in our school room and wrapped up THREE weeks of Project Life. Yay! This week (December 2-9) was by far the busiest of the three that I worked on with a total of FOUR additional inserts to get everything in that I wanted. I can tell it’s the season for extra activities, that’s for sure.
Please excuse the small bits of Christmas holly scattered throughout the album. A few things are hidden for privacy. : )
The overview.
PLwk47web
On the left:
  • my date card is just a scrap of patterned paper with an instagram of my niece and N2.
  • a collage of Christmas kitchen activities – making chocolate covered pretzels and peppermint playdough for our CC friends and teachers.
  • a photo from the little girls’ Christmas concert on Sunday night.
  • our small group went caroling at a nursing home very near our house. T and N1 are here visiting with a group of delightful women.
  • another smaller pic of N2 singing on stage in her concert.
 PLwk47bweb
My first insert is some photos that I snapped of my singers in their outfits for the show. I cut down one of the Design B PL page protectors for this.
 PLwk47dweb PLwk47eweb
Insert #2! I used a 6x6 insert for a couple square instagram shots from our morning at CC. The front shows N1’s class performing in our tin whistle recital during the morning assembly. The back shows me with our other Abecedarian tutor and all our munchkins after our tin whistle recital. This is one of those moments where I wish I had had my big camera with me for a better shot, but yet thankful that my phone can capture a pretty decent picture in a pinch even though it’s a bit dark.
 PLwk47fwebPLwk47gweb
Insert #3! On Thursday of last week, we went with several homeschool friends to a production of You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown at the Nashville Children’s Theater. (Excellent!) Our friends from Hope is the Word drove up to attend the performance with us and then we enjoyed a long lunch at Chick-Fil-A catching up afterwards. So fun to get face-to-face time with my friend Amy! Our girls have been penpals for almost two (I think?) years now and they enjoyed playing together as well. Amy prefers not to post her munchkins faces online so they are tastefully hidden by the snowmen below. : ) (But it was a great picture of all six looking at the camera!) : )
PLwk47hweb
There was one more insert, a regular 8 1/2 x 11 one, with the girls’ choir program in it, but I’m sparing you that photo. : )
On the right:
  • the “this week” card summarizing our activities.
  • the girls after face painting at Chick-Fil-A. Collage processed through PicFrame on my phone.
  • the bottom left is the munchkins with my niece on her 15th birthday. Love the photo bomb from one of the youth guys in the background. Hee.
  • a photo that I snagged off a friend’s FB page of B rehearsing with her class.
PLwk47j
PLwk47k
I have purchased a few digi kits for my December PL and December Daily albums and have been enjoying playing with my new cards. I have a weakness for digital journaling cards – being able to print them at home relatively inexpensively and quickly makes a great way to change up my album for not a lot of money. Above you can see:
And there you have week 47 all wrapped up. : ) How is your PL album coming along? Who’s planning on continuing in 2013?
Happy Wednesday!
Project Life is a product and a system created by Becky Higgins and available on Amazon.com. It can be anything you want it to be. You can view all my posts about Project Life here. I'm always happy to answer questions about how Project Life works for me, if you have any.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I so wish I'd kept up last year. Oh, well. On to next year!

    I recognize those snowmen! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...