Tuesday, December 23, 2014

All the Merry Making

UntitledMyles: "Feliz Navidad is the best Christmas song ever." Christmas cookies and cousin bonding today. Not sure we are ready for this level of madness!UntitledUntitledShe's making me a secret popcorn recipe. It might be my new love language.

This Christmas season has been one where many normal things, those that I would have considered traditional, haven't happened. Though today was quite chaotic, it was important to me that we squeeze in one cousin day before Christmas on Thursday. There was mass cookie baking and decorating, some playing in our cul-de-sac in between the rain showers, and catching up over a cup of coffee (say what?) with my 17-year old niece.

The introvert in me is ready to curl up in a hole and hibernate for about 72 hours, but overall, the chaos of today was well worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Can't wait to see everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand. I'm ready to hibernate, too. Whew.

    Love the verses on the cabinet doors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My introvert is sympathizing with your introvert. :D

    But you are also right - it is worth it. I'm glad y'all were able to squeeze in a cousin day!

    And I, too, love the verses on the cabinet doors AND the shape of your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...