Monday, February 23, 2004

A verse that I have been pondering for the last couple days . . .

I Thessalonians 5:16:
"Rejoice always;" (New American Standard Bible)


Rejoice is defined as "feeling, causing, or indicating joy;" other words for it, "be happy." What do I do with a verse that commands me to be happy? Is this just a suggestion? Somehow I doubt that! I'm told I'm to be happy. Actually, I have complete Biblical freedom to be happy in my faith. And the more I think about this verse, the morning important I think it is - even though it's only two words.

Happiness is protection for me from sin. If I am happy, what am I not? Depressed, discontent, angry, dissatisfied - all ways that I can be drawn into a sinful attitude, decision, thought, word, etc. Without total happiness in Christ, and other worldly source for joy can become a tool for seduction into sin. There is nothing that can make me consistently happier than a vibrant - happy! - relationship with Jesus Christ.

List of 10 Things that Make Me Happy and That I Thank God For!
(Not necessarily in any particular order, just off the top of my head!)
1. My husband being silly.
2. Noelle's laugh - it's really funny!
3. Sonic Diet Cokes with fresh lime in them!
4. Singing - especially harmonizing with Gina & Dottie
5. Sunny days where you go for a ride in the car with the windows down
6. A squeaky clean house (which it normally isn't!)
7. Women's Bible study
8. Popcorn with just the right amount of butter & salt
9. Working on making scrapbooks & cards
10. A new purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...