Wednesday, March 03, 2004

I'm getting ready to head out the door for Bible study in an hour or so, and thought I would post a few pics today. Noelle is officially crawling (a.k.a. scooching) around now. The other pic is of her and her Daddy hanging out this past Saturday. She's also eye-ing his Sonic drink, too.

Funny fact about Sonic if anyone is familiar with it. My family LOVES Sonic. I mean, it's the only place we go to pick up a coke when we're out running around. Something about the huge cups and their little pieces of ice and we're hooked. Plus, you can get almost any kind of flavor added to your coke (I drink Diet! ) - vanilla, cherry, lemon, lime, strawberry, chocolate (eewww), etc, not to mention great food. Anyway, about 50 some years ago, my Uncle Bob is approached by a high school buddy in Shawnee, Oklahoma, who says, "I'm thinking of starting up this drive-in restaurant, maybe a couple of them. Wanna invest in it with me?" My Uncle doesn't think the drive-in has much potential and turns it down. Now, 2004, Sonic is making over $2 billion a year, and I could be drinking all the free Diet Coke with lime that I want if my Uncle had only chipped in a few dollars. Funny how things turn out . . .

I really had no intention of blogging about Sonic, but it is near and dear to my heart so...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...