Wednesday, March 31, 2004

I'm tired. Travis and I have been trying to watch Hamlet for about 4 days now. The pattern is the same - we put the video in after Noelle is down for the night, curl up under blankets, and I fall asleep while he watches. Then I try and catch up during the day while I fold laundry or make my grocery list or play with Noelle. Ahhh, the life of a young mother.

We had Bible study this morning. I always come away with something to think about. Today we studied Abimelech - one of Gideon's sons who thought he needed to be king of Israel (Judges 9). Abimelech was so determined to rule, regardless of whether or not the Lord wanted him in that place, that he was destroyed everything and everyone in his path to try and get and keep what he wanted. Eventually, he is so consumed that he loses sight that he has destroyed himself in the process. There's so much more to the story than just that nugget, but that's all I can handle meditating about at the moment. I have been so focusing on something (a negative) that it has blinded me to the blessings I have around me that it is causing me to start to choose destruction instead of God's highest good for me. Heavy stuff to think about.

A bright spot to my day...she has started pulling up to standing this week - and she'll only be 6 months on Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...