Thursday, March 17, 2005

My back door is open and I'm working on a cup of coffee. I know it's strange, but I need the sunshine today more than the warmth of a closed back door. Today has been blue. This morning I was overcome by sadness for some many things going on and the processing that I'm trying to do regarding the recent death of my Grandma and the icky situation. And so many of my friends are being hit with things right now. Ear infections, fathers with illnesses, mothers with breast cancer, other cancer, hospital stays, financial needs and the list goes on. Oppressed is a good word for it.

But, in a coincidence only of God, I got a book I ordered in the mail today. (That's not the coincidence, I was expecting the book.) :-) The book is Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, a neat devotional. I turned to the reading for today, March 17, and read:
Come to me for understanding, since I know you far better than you know yourself. I comprehend you in all your complexity; no detail of your life is hidden from Me. . . . Allow the Light of My healing Presence to shine into the deepest recesses of your being - cleansing, healing, refreshing, and renewing you. . . . I will never leave you or forsake you.

There was more, but those are the words that popped out. So thankful He walks with us in our valleys so that we can glorify Him there.


Also had a wedding invitation from a dear friend in the mail and sweet card from Nattie - much thanks for brighting my day. Nattie also sent out a challenge to come up with five things I was grateful for this morning in the midst of my blues.

1. Noelle took a morning nap.
2. My husband is coming home for lunch.
3. God is soveriegn, soveriegn, soveriegn.
4. I have the Incredibles DVD here to watch while Travis is at a band rehearsal tonight.
5. W@H.


I needed that.


Noelle has learned the best animal sound EVER this week. You'll never guess what it is.

Daddy: Noelle, what is this?
Noelle: Dooooohhhh.
Daddy: That's right, that's a dolphin. What does a dolphin say?
Noelle: Eek, eek, eek.

1 comment:

  1. You've been on my mind so much these past few days, with your pain regarding your grandparents. Hope you're healing and feeling a bit of a lift.

    You "are" a sweet thing.

    Love to you...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...