Matching girlie outfits. :) I'm going to LOOOOOVE having two girls to dress up. :)
Also, another pic to share - this is one my Dad took on Sunday of the three grandkids ... according to him it was QUITE the action shot. The eight-year old had her hands full pining her brother in her lap so Dad just had to wait until Noelle would wander into the picture and then start snapping. :)
And lastly, for something Christmas-y, Dawn sent this to me:
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Depends on whether or not I'm hot or cold, but if I HAD to pick just one, I'd probably go with hot chocolate.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
At this point, we don't do Santa, but I'm into wrapping presents unless it was like a bike or something horribly awkward. :)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Tree lights are white. Not opposed to color, but the white ones still work so that's what we use.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
5. When do you put your decorations up?
This year, we did it the Saturday after Thanksgiving. If we're going to Ohio for Thanksgiving with Travis' family, I like to put them up before we leave so that when I come home, it's already done and I can just enjoy it.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Mom's taco dip - a Christmas appetizer tradition.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
Just the lounging around after gifts and such, when we played with new toys, read new books, watched new movies, drank Christmas-y beverages, ate Christmas snacks, and just hung out as a family.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I honestly don't remember. Did my folks even do Santa? My sister reads my blog so maybe she can clarify this for me...
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?
We don't set them out ... our dogs would have a party.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love, love, love, love, love, love it. I'm SUCH a winter/cold weather person and snow is the icing on the cake.
12. Can you ice skate?
Umm, no. And the few times I have tried it has been very, very bad.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Nothing stands out as a favorite Christmas gift. One year, when we had very little money, I remember my folks getting me and my sister pencils with our name printed on them, and I thought that was WAY cool.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Keeping my focus on the real reason behind Christmas and the joy of time with family instead of the lengthy to-do lists for home and church that come with the holidays.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
I don't know that I have one...
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Every Christmas Eve we go to the home of friends for fun time with our respective families.
17. What tops your tree?
A big snowman.
18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving?
It's tied for me - I love getting gifts (one of my love languages I think) and I love shopping for others.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?
O Come All Ye Faithful
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?