Reading Report :: February 2015
Reading in the winter is just the best. There are very few other (outside) demands on my time, and there's nothing much better than climbing into bed, almost immediately after I've tucked kids in bed, with my own book.
What I tackled this month:
- The Story Girl by L.M. Montgomery (read-aloud), blogged
- The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle by Hugh Lofting, blogged
- The Love Song of Ms Queenie Hennessy (skimmed) by Rachel Joyce - didn't love this one. I mentioned that I was sent this one for a review and again, language made me want to put this one down.
- Bliss by Katheryn Littlewood, recommend to
methe girls by our friends the Dillows so I snatched up a used copy and sped through it. Sweet, magical and involving baking. It was a great one to snuggle up with!
- Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin (reread), one I read last year and recommended. Worth taking the time with it again.
- The Fringe Hours by Jessica Turner. I feel like I want to say more on this book in another post. This was one of those books that kept popping up EVERYWHERE I turned. Seriously, everywhere. Every blog I read reviewed it (some that surprised me), it was all over instagram as folks showed off their copies arriving. Just everywhere. Apparently I needed the message and I've already gone out and bought a copy for a friend. So yes, I think (I hope) I will come back and journal some here on this book.
Coming up in March:
- Better than Before by Gretchen Rubin. Another review book, but I'm about half-way through it and it is fascinating.
- The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer for the March Reading to Know bookclub. I totally wimped and bailed out on February's book (Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. Just a couple paragraphs told me that I was not going to put forth my best effort on that one!) But Tozer has been on my list to read for just FOREVER so I really, really, really plan to read this one. Really.
- my book for Amy's Newbery read-aloud. (I got stuck on my little non-fiction jag as February ended but I'm not giving up on these Newbery books!)