Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Reading Report ::: April 2015

Untitled

April means wrapping our our Classical Conversations tutorial.

April means being outside more.

April means that the end of our school year is in sight and it's time to knuckle down and get 'er done.

All that adds up to the fact that I didn't get a ton of reading done this month and that's okay. : ) We also had a LOT (comparatively speaking) of traveling by two of the girls this month. The N's went with their dad on a short trip early in the month. N2 had her grandparent trip to the St. Louis Zoo at the end of the of the month. Those of us left behind didn't want to read ahead in our current chapter book (at the time it was The Green Ember) without the whole crew gathered so it took us much longer to get through it that might think. We more than made up for it by reading the last sixty pages in one fell swoop because we couldn't put it down!

Anyway, this is what I managed to get to this month:
  • Theodore Roosevelt by Clara Ingram Judson - read and blogged for Amy's Newberry challenge.
  • Steeped in Evil by Laura Childs 4/22/2015 - sometimes I just need a nice mystery and Laura Child's tea shop mysteries are a clean and easy read.
  • The Unmapped Sea by Maryrose Woods - couldn't put it down when I got started with this one, which I think says a lot about this book which is 5th in the series. And, yet another cliffhanger!
  • The Green Ember by S.D. Smith - our never ending April read-aloud. Even thought it is the only one that we read this month, it's not because it wasn't wonderful! If you don't have this book, you need it. Blogged a bit on it here.
  • One failure - I was supposed to read 1984 for last month's Reading to Know challenge and I got about 1/3 of the way through and fizzled out. 

Next up in the read aloud list. We finished The Green Ember last week and read the last 60 or so pages straight through because we couldn't put it down. #readaloudrevival

On tap for May:
Fortunately, there is never a shortage of things to read, right?

Happy reading!

3 comments:

  1. Great list! I know what you mean about having trouble getting through read alouds this month. Whew!

    I'm unfamiliar with that Sally Clarkson title. Intriguing--not that I need to be involved in one more thing. ;-)

    I'm GOING to read both Penderwicks and Incorrigible Children. I AM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, hoping to join in with Christy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...