Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Just a little something . . .

From Angie:



Today was errand day. We hit Lifeway (bought more communion crackers for church), Wild Oats (bought curry paste), and the library. Lunch with my Mom and sister and Subway. Noelle is now napping and I'm getting ready to pick music for Sunday's service. Here's a question for you . . .

What are your top three favorite songs to sing in church and why? I'll give you mine to start the ball rolling. :-)

1) Lord, Most High - I love the imagery in this song . . .

From the ends of the earth, to the depths of the sea,
From the heights of the heavens, Your name be praised
From the hearts of the weak, from the shouts of the strong
From the lips of all people, this song we raise, Lord

Throughout the endless ages, You will be crowned with praises,
Lord Most High
Exalted in every nation, soveriegn of all creation
Lord Most High, be magnifed.


2) You Are God Alone - this isn't one that we sing in church yet, but one I hope to add soon. (Recently recorded by Phillips, Craig and Dean on their album Let the Worshippers Arise). I'm singing this as special music in a few weeks and the words just speak to me of the power and awesome-ness of the Father. He ALONE is God.

You are not a god created by human hands
And you are not a god dependent on any mortal man
You are not a god in need of anything we can give
By Your plan, that's just the way it is

You're the only god whose power none can contend
And you're the only God whose name and praise will never end
Your the only God who's worthy of everything we can give
By Your plan, that's just the way it is.

You are God alone, from before time began
You are on Your throne, You are God alone
And right now, in the good times and bad,
You are on Your throne, You are God alone.


3) My favorite hymn: My Jesus I Love Thee. This isn't one we sing at church a lot, but I love hymns and the deep, rich words that are in them . . . I could have picked so many here - It is Well, The Solid Rock, A Mighty Fortress is our God . . .

What are yours? Come out, come out and let me know!

1 comment:

  1. I know whom I have believed
    Faith of our Fathers
    Praise to God Immortal Praise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...