Sunday, February 27, 2005

Out of Pocket



My Grandad died early Saturday morning. My Mom flew out this morning to start taking care of the details and we drive over to OK on Tuesday for a probable Wednesday funeral. I'll be burning the midnight oil the next few nights as I get Noelle and myself ready for the trip and take care of my work responsibilities this week. We'll all in a little bit of shock. The Drs. were saying this week that he could live another 3-4 years if he would perk back up a bit, but he just gave up. We would appreciate prayers for safe travel. We'll be driving over with my Dad and my sister and her two. Travis is out of town on business so we'll cross paths going and coming. Plans are to be back home on Saturday at the latest.

I'll have a laptop so I can check email and stuff and may be able to update while we're gone . . . we'll see.

6 comments:

  1. prayers. I just did the same run with my grandmother's funeral last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((((hugs)))) and prayers Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:29 AM

    Stephanie! I am so sorry! I will be praying for you and your family and for safe travel. Wonderful picture of your grandfather, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:45 AM

    So sorry to hear of you loss. I will be praying for safe travel for you.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:32 AM

    Stephanie, I'm so sorry. Be careful on the road. I pray that you will find a measure of comfort on the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steph, so sorry. Praying.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...