Sunday, May 15, 2005

Unusual for me to be home on a Sunday morning. However, I ended up having to take Noelle to the Dr's office on Saturday morning because her fever shot up to around 103 after running one for 2 days. She has an ear infection so we are on antibiotics and all that jazz. We're having a quiet morning. Travis is at church. The back door is open and it is beautiful out this morning. Cool and a little wet (rained yesterday evening). We've (Noelle and I) been laying low the last few days and watching a lot of Veggie Tales and cuddling under blankets. We haven't seen much of Travis this weekend - he worked on the yard a bunch yesterday before it rained and then had a rehearsal yesterday afternoon. He has a show this evening and will be gone, plus a lunch meeting right after church for our summer community outreach. I was supposed to go to the meeting, too, so I'm hoping he takes good notes. :-) We were also supposed to go over to my folks' house today and celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday, but are going to put that off for a few weeks because of Noelle's contagious-ness. My nephew doesn't need to catch it and my sister is still trying to get over an ear infection... No need to spread the germs more than necessary.

So before I'm off to change a load of laundry and put some soup on for lunch (and making homemade biscuits - yum!) From Friday's Feast:

Appetizer
Whose intelligence do you find intimidating?
My husband's. Anyone with a large grasp of scripture and Biblical knowledge.

Soup
Name something you've done that surprised yourself.
Getting engaged as quickly as I did still amazes me when I think about it. From a planner-extraordinare, to get engaged in 6 weeks was so not me!

Salad
List 3 people whom you have only "met" online, but consider good friends.
Cheri - my twin!
Aleta - my Canadian buddy. :-)
Misty - another W@H pal!

Just limiting this to three was hard! Plus there are several others that I have met that I consider good friends. :-)


Main Course
Where is the dirtiest place you've ever been?
This trailer that my Dad was thinking about renting when he first moved to Nashville in 1991. My Dad took a new job as pastor of a church here in Tennessee and my Mom was going to stay behind in Arkansas, sell the house, and wait until my sister graduated high school before moving over as well. I came over with my Dad during my college winter break in January of 1991 to try and help him find a spot to live - we searched through several apartment complexes and houses to rent before we landed in a trailer/mobile home park in Franklin that had some units you could rent. First, the owner of the lot jimmied the door of the unit open with a screwdriver - couldn't find his key. (So much for security!) And then while we were inside the filthiest place I have EVER been (the center of one of the floors had this huge crater where it was rotting out), the guy spit - INSIDE - and that was it for me. I offered to wait outside and vetoed that place for my Dad on the spot. Sooooo disgusting.

Dessert
What is the best example of "perfection" that you can think of?
Diet Coke. :-) Seriously . . . things in nature come to mind - sunrise, the ocean rolling out and in, the beautiful of majestic mountains.Just as God created them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...