Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I've Been Tagged

Thanks, Dawn. :-)

Accent: A hodgepodge of North and South. “Would y’all like some pop?”

Bible Book that I like: Philippians is my favorite; also Psalms.

Chore that I don’t care for: Mopping the kitchen. It doesn’t stay clean and that gets on my nerves. :-)

Dog or Cat: Dog. Two of them actually.

Essential Electronics: Laptop.

Favorite Cologne: Happy by Clinique, when it’s given to me. But I’m into Johnson’s Baby Cologne that Cheri sent me for N2. I loooooove it.

Gold or Silver: Silver.

Handbag I Carry most often: Right now, this:

It’s a diaperbag/purse made by Carolina Rags … run, don’t walk, to her site and drool look. They are way cool.

Insomnia: Generally only when pregnant. The rest of the time I seem to be exhausted by the time I hit the bed.

Job Title: Wife & mama. (And part time church administrator and music coordinator.)

Kids: Two girlies as of now, N1 (2 1/2 years) and N2 (3 months).

Living Arrangements: Two bedroom, two bath house with a detached garage. Luuuurve my house. :-)

Most Admirable Trait: I think others would say my organization level, but it comes so easy to me that I don’t look at it the same way.

Naughtiest childhood behavior: When my sister and I would be asked to get drinks for my parents’ guests, if we were pouring soda pop and it looked like it was about to overflow, we would just drink it down so it didn’t spill. And then we would serve it. We didn’t know we were doing anything wrong … at the time. :-)

Overnight hospital stay: My 2 c-sections.

Phobias: Claustrophobic at times…

Quote: I’m not a huge quote person because I can never remember them, but I came across this one recently and loved it enough to save it. From Elizabeth Prentiss on mothering:

Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which it dwells is worthy all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in God’s name, I will make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to your mother’s heart, welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, her life-long prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, how wondrously blest!

Religion: Born again Christian!

Siblings: One younger sister who now has a blog … you should visit!

Time I wake up: When N2 wants to nurse; when she doesn’t wake me, I’m usually up between 6-6:30 a.m.

Unusual Talent or skill: Does being left-handed count?

Vegetable I refuse to eat: Mushrooms. Blech.

Worst habit: Several people would say I drive to slow … I dawdle when in the car. :-)

X-rays: Dental, one broken finger from softball, one hairline fracture from rolling my ankle off a curb, and recently ankle x-rays for tendon problems I’m having…

Yummy stuff I cook: Crockpot cuisine! :-) I think I make pretty good soup, too.

Zoo animal I like most: Giraffes and elephants. They are just so HUGE and cool. I can sit and watch them for a loooong time.

I tag:

Kathy, Leann & Beth. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...