Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Yum

Roberta @ Debtor2Mercy is having a recipe carnival and is looking for recipes that double easily, freezes well, tastes great and blesses your family. This is one of our favorite and we eat it year round. I especially love it because it is a crockpot recipe and I don’t have to think about it after I throw it in in the morning. :-)

Mexican Soup

1 lb. ground beef (I generally use ground turkey, and have used veggie meat before to make it vegetarian for a friend)
1 lg. Onion chopped
1 can refried beans
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can chili beef soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
2 cans Rotel tomatoes (If I don’t have rotel, I sometimes will just pour some salsa in and it does the trick)

Brown ground meat and onion. Add soups, refried beans and tomatoes. Simmer for 1 hour. This is best cooked in a slow cooker as it is easy to scorch. You may adjust the soup to your liking, adding only 1 can of tomatoes if you like it spicy or just 1 can or Rotel tomatoes if you like it mild. You may need to add a little water if it becomes to thick.

This doubles great and I’ve frozen before. To reheat, just put it in your crockpot a 3-4 hours on low before you want to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...