1. We are going on day 4 of being home all day due to the winter storm of twenty-ten. Truthfully, I haven't yet wanted to get out of the house, however, I think we're going to brave it today and hit the library. N2 was ready to get out yesterday ... she wanted to know if we were going anywhere because she got a new booster seat for her big 4-year-old birthday and was dying to go for a ride in it! Daddy rescued her on that one as he needed a computer cable for something and she went with him to get it.
2. We spent most of Saturday very "buggled" up as N1 puts it. (Translation: bundled.) That morning we took the girls sledding for the first time and it was hiliarious. I wish I had pictures to show you, but I was trying to keep girls from sliding off the hill (it was slick!) and juggle our video camera. Travis has put a video of the girls sledding on Facebook, and if I can get him to put it on an external site like youtube or something, I'll post it here. N1 was so excited about sledding, however, she ran into a pole on her first run down and that pretty much ruined the experience for her. Hopefully, that event will have faded from her memory by the next snowfall. But, our little BBoo! She LOVED the sledding. She kept wanting to go on bigger and bigger hills and would have stayed out there a lot longer, but her very cold (and slightly crabby) bigger sisters were ready to go back to the van. We also went for a long walk that afternoon and slid around the neighborhood.
This was a MASSIVE patch of ice on our church parking lot that the girls decided was a personal ice skating rink for them.
3. Yesterday N1 discovered that she has another REALLY loose tooth, this one on the bottom. Her first tooth-loosing experience has not been on her list of favorite things, so when I told her that she was about to loose another one, she burst out "not again!!" and was quite distraught. (I tried not to laugh). She asked if we could pray that her teeth wouldn't fall out anymore, so we had to have a little talk about how it was all part of getting bigger and it wasn't anything that we could stop. That and we would rather have her teeth do a great job of falling out on their own instead of having to get the stubborn ones pulled out at the dentist like cousin J.
Really. I can hardly stand how cute she is with her tooth missing. : )
4. FYI from the taste testers in our house: Baked Lays Parmsesan and Tuscan Herb. Not good. PepperJack Cheese-Its. Good.
5. My current to-do list in my journal (of the running things that I need to get to sooner rather than later) has 20 things on it. Pleasantly surprised.
6. Lost is on tonight! (Which means we will actually watch it tomorrow night, but still...) : )
7. This weekend is take-2 for our birthday celebrations for N2. Friend party on Friday night and family birthday lunch on Sunday after church. I think I've said it already, but again, I am amazed at how well this little munchkin has done with having all her birthday stuff postponed. She's a trooper.
8. She also had her 4yo check-up on Friday, before the winter weather hit. No surprise to us, she is in the 15th percentile for her height. Yup. She's going to be the short one of the three girls. BBoo is already a little taller than the other girls were when they turned three (and she has 4 months to go!) She may be our basketball star.
9. T and I are going on a school visit for N1 this Friday. You might remember from last year that we explored the option of putting her in a two-day per week homeschool coop. We put that on hold for kindergarten - it was a brand new school on it's first year, and we decided to let them get a year under their belt and then visit again. It's not a question of whether or not N1 would love it. She absolutely would. And, now that I've done a year of kindergarten, I know I *can* do first grade if we choose not to join. That takes off a load of pressure on the decision making, you know what I mean? Neither choice is wrong/right and we'll enjoy 1st grade either way.
10. One last onus snow pic starring T. The girls were most impressed with this large chunk of ice he pulled off the van's windshield ... and even more excited when he smashed it on the ground. : )