Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I love the story of St. Patrick - the missionary who went to Ireland to tell them about Jesus using the simple things in nature that he found (the clover). We don't have any major plans for today, but I'm hoping to sneak in a few St. Patrick's day things:
  • reading a few good books
  • making (attempting) some Irish soda bread for dinner. Bread and I don't have a great history, but now that I have all this couner space in my kitchen, I'm determined to conquer it.
  • homemade Shamrock shakes are also on the agenda if we make it to the store for ice cream
Other than that, it's schooling as normal and hopefully a trip to the library. We haven't been in over a month (and returned most of our library books before the move to prevent them from getting lost) so we are well-overdue a visit!

PS. I was featured yesterday over at Monika's blog, i love it all, with my take on her gratitude album. Very fun.

PPS. We went on our first neighborhood walk yesterday. Love the sidewalks where little girls can ride their bikes and I can wheel the stroller. The boy loved the outing and first real ride sitting up like a big kid.

3'16'2011iPa

PPPS. A new favorite picture. We LOVE our toes.

3'13'11r

1 comment:

  1. We're enjoying the story of St. Patrick, too! My son really loves that there are pirates in the story...but more importantly we're learning a little about missionaries and the trinity (with the shamrock). Fun day! Thanks for the book list! I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...