That said, I was able to get weeks 17 & 18 of my Project Life album finished yesterday. (Week 16 is sitting there unfinished, but the most current stuff is now done!) Because week 17 included Easter and several extra events with photos I didn't want to leave out, I added in an additional page in the middle - a 12x12 insert with slots for six 4x6 photos on each side. (I believe it was an American Crafts insert).
On the left is the "regular" Project Life page and on the right is one side of the 12x12 add-in:
Below: the back of the 12x12 insert and the right side of week 17:
The B side:
- Wednesday: oldest sister assisting with practice in sitting up.
- Thursday: a photo of the buds on the rose bushes in front of our house. Ever so grateful for the previous owners in planting these. To say that I am a bit obsessed with taking pictures of the flowers would be an understatement!
- Friday: we used this free download from Ali Edwards to make playdate invitations for a certain almost 4yo. Mama said no to a big friend party this year, but three little girls coming over to play isn't a party, right? : )
- Saturday: a rare picture of me and the boy from the Easter egg hunt at our church. Thanks to my Dad for snapping this photo! The boy has some tired eyes in this picture - he had had about as much egg hunt fun as he could handle.
This is the front of the insert I used. On the front side are a few pics from Friday egg coloring. The orange card at the top is from a free digital kit from Allison Kimball. The journaling card on the bottom is from Elle's Studio. It is a digital file that I resized to 4x6.
The back side has more photos from the egg hunt at church (the rabbit, purple paper & ribbon are all from the same Allison Kimball kit I linked above).
Week 18 layout with an 8 1/2 x 11 insert. The insert is an email of an Amazon gift certificate that my Dad sent me for Administrative Professional's Day. (He is the pastor of our church and I am the church administrator so we get to work together!) He totally surprised me with the gift certificate (and the sweet note on it) so I included it. I realize the gift certificate code is out there for all to see, but it's already been spent. : )
Side A of week 18:
- Sunday: a family Easter photo and only the 2nd photo of the six of us. (The last was our Christmas picture!)
- Monday: I documented our goodbye ritual with Daddy on the blog here and then include a shot of that in the album. Will I do another layout with the whole morning goodbye run down the street? I don't know, but I at least have a photo memory and the story included here.
- Tuesday: I was running out of dinner options this night and the cupboards were looking mighty bare. I came up with waffles and dyed the batter pink and purple. The girls, of course, loved it!
- Wednesday: a quick photo while we were all in the bathroom waiting out the tornado sirens.
- Thursday: we actually made it to the preschool story time at the library this week. I haven't even attempted to get to this with the girls in several years, but we decided to try today. N1 packed up some school to do and the little girls love the stories and singing time.
- Friday: my new favorite breakfast. Oatmeal with a scoop of blueberry yogurt in it. I started Weight Watchers this week and I think I've eaten this almost every day this week so far!
- Saturday: a photo from our family grocery outing to Sam's. The little girls were sitting in the front of the cart together and being silly. (B's eyes CRACK me up in the picture!) They really are the best of buddies and I love that.
Something new that I added in this week, after seeing it on another blog (which I cannot find - rats!), was the addition of a flip up photo sleeve so that I could add in two more 4x6 photos to a single day. Under the Thursday photo above from the library, I added in two more photos. One of N1 sitting at a table doing her school work and the other of a frequent evening ritual at the new house - making a small fire in the firepit in the backyard to wind down our day.
There is the last two weeks in a nutshell! I really, really am enjoying using Project Life to capture our daily memories. (I think I say that almost every PL post). The fact that I'm experimenting with other types of page protectors is just adding to that enjoyment because I can include some traditionally scrapped pages in with our PL inserts. This project can be whatever I want it to be and I love that. : )
For more info on PL, visit Becky Higgins' website.