Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Project Life ::: Weeks 19 & 20

Beware - lots of pictures ahead! : )

Weeks 19 and 20 of Project Life are caught up. (Also, weeks 21 & 22, but that would have made this post obscenely long and I just couldn't do that to anyone). : ) You can click any picture to see it bigger in Flickr.

This is the full page layout of week 19 (May 1-7). I have an 8 1/2 x 11 page protector in the middle with some extra memorabilia in it.

DSC_1806

On the left:
Sunday: while the big girls were at choir, my BFF and her two little boys came over to hang with me and B until it was time to pick up all our big kids. B & J curled up on the couch together to watch an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Super cute.
Monday: Two days in a row with my BFF and her family! This is N2 and her best buddy - the little kids went over there while T & I had a parent-teacher conference with N1's teacher. Then we shared dinner with them which was a huge treat.
Tuesday: Super Daddy in the garage - raising bike seats, tightening training wheels. Just being an all-round great Dad.
Extras: In the first journaling spot, I put a wallet size photo of E that my Dad took. (Used one of these frames from the Frames for Caitlyn kit).

DSC_1807

On the front of the 8 1/2 x 11 insert is B's birthday interview. I guess should have moved the bookmark so you could see all of it. Oops. : ) I still need to add a picture of her and me as well (that's what the square is for).

DSC_1808

On the back is a one-page layout about the boy - I had this picture from the week that I wanted to include, and since I had the whole back of the 8 1/2 x 11 page, I just did a quick layout.

DSC_1809

Page 2 of week 19:
Wednesday: baking LOTS of mini chocolate cupcakes for B's 4th birthday.
Thursday: we had a little birthday playdate to celebrate B's birthday. Not an official party - we'll do that when we're five, but we did have a few of her little girlfriends over for some coloring, bubbles and playing dress-up. A very girly afternoon indeed. : )
Friday: a busy day! N1 had her field day with her tutorial and we spent part of that with her. The photo below shows how I used one of those 4x6 flip up protectors to add a few more pictures for the day. Underneath is a picture of her with her 3-legged race partner and a picture of N2 riding a two-wheeler! (If it's not one child growing up and learning something new, it's another!)
Saturday: made my mom's strawberry pie in preparation for her birthday lunch tomorrow.

DSC_1810

DSC_1811

Week 20 - overview with an extra 8 1/2 x 11 again:

DSC_1812


Sunday: a photo of the two birthday girls that we were celebrating at lunch. It was a good day. : )
Monday: A photo taken of N1 and me at the Mother's Day tea at her school. What a sweet time.
Tuesday: We made the journey to see the boy cousin at his kindergarten play. These girls think that M hung the moon so it was a big deal to see him in his school performance debut.


DSC_1813

The insert holds all the Mother's Day cards that the girls made for me this year. On the back is a coloring page that B made at Awana - she's gotten a LOT better about more coloring and less scribbling this year.

DSC_1814

I actually have a 2nd insert between these two pages as well. This is a picture and letter that N1 made for me for the Mother's Day tea. The students read the letters to the moms and then the moms shared something with the students that they loved about them. Not a lot of dry eyes at this!

DSC_1816

DSC_1817

Page 2 of this week:
Wednesday: a little school shot.
Thursday: any free time I had was spent curled up with my Kindle reading the new Penderwicks book. It did not disappoint! (The 2nd journal spot from the left shows my Amazon email for the book which I included).
Friday: some pictures of the boy out in the front yard. If you scroll down you will see that the picture of him in the middle journaling section is a foldover card - I cropped a picture of him for the front and then you can open it to read the journaling.
Saturday: N2, the boy and I went to a baby shower on Saturday and got to catch up with one of our favorite friends and babysitter. (Side note: so glad that she is home from college for the summer! This is a girl that I babysat when she was about 2-3 so we have come full-circle with her. Love that.) She was enjoying catching up on some E time while we visited.

DSC_1818

IMG_1153

IMG_1154

IMG_1155

As always, thank you for your patience as I share these photos. Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...