Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pork Chop Romance

Pork chop romance

A family favorite in our crockpot, especially as the weather turns cooler. I got this recipe years ago from my Dad. It was one of his favorites to take when he went on fishing trips; this could be set up in the crockpot and be ready when they got back from a day at the lake. Even if the fishing wasn't great, dinner would be. : )

Pork Chop Romance

4-6 pork chops, bone-in or boneless
flour
salt & pepper
1/4 cup oil
1 large onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick rings
2 cubes or 2 T chicken bouillon
2 cups hot water
8 oz. sour cream (I use fat free)

Season pork chops to taste and dredge in flour. Lightly brown in oil and place in crockpot; top with onion slices. Dissolve or soften bouillon in hot water and pour over chops. Cook on low for 7-8 hours (or high 3-4).

After the pork chops have cooked, stir 2 T flour into the sour cream and stir into the cooking juices. It doesn't need to be totally blended into the broth, but don't just dump it on top either. Turn crockpot to high for 15-30 minutes or until the liquid is slightly thickened. Serve with rice, noodles or potatoes as you choose. My favorite is to ladle the broth over a baked potato. Yum!

Linking up with LifeasMom's Crockpot Ultimate Recipe Swap today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...