Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday Randomness

  • Last week we watched Arthur Christmas for our Friday family movie night. It was cute.
  • I have been finding so many great Christmas book lists this year – lots of my favorite bloggers are posting their family’s favorites and my hold list at the library is long. Check out these lists from: Elizabeth Foss (here, here, and here), Heidi @ Mt. Hope Chronicles (here and here), Amy at Hope is the Word (here, here and here). And I took the time the other day to type our book list up here.
  • I had my first doctor appointment with an non-obgyn yesterday in way too many years. This dr. was recommended to me by my kids’ pediatrician and I love her. Nothing is/was wrong – I just didn’t have a primary physician to go to when Mama needs medicine and I was having to go to the walk-in clinic whenever the need arose. No more! Blood was drawn, shots were updated and a clean bill of health was given. Yay!
  • Except that she wants me to cut back on my caffeine. And that’s all I’m going to say about that for right now. Oy.
  • Heard: the other day as the girls were singing in the car, I heard a certain five-year-old belt out, “Old McDonald had a farm, the B-I-B-L-E.” May be one of those moments where you had to be there, but it sure was cute.
  • This recipe. Chocolate granola. And I added some coconut to the mix. Spooned over vanilla yogurt. So so good.

Needed to try it to make sure it was good. @edillow chocolate granola is a winner. :)

  • I am doing a December Daily album again this year … where last year I was itching to start as soon as I wrapped up Thanksgiving, this year, I’m waiting. Not pushing my pages that I’m going to add, but try and savor the season as it comes. I also pulled out my PL stuff yesterday and made a list of the weeks I need to wrap up. On the good side, I’m not as behind as I thought I might be. : ) A couple of weeks only need a card here and there journaled – it’s actually my current weeks I need to catch up on.

That’s all that I can think of for right now. Just a little randomness I want to remember.

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy! I'll be making that granola as soon as I have a spare hour! :-)
    Our boy has been into singing the songs from the Leap Frog farm thingy on the refrigerator. One of them is Old McDonald, but he hasn't changed the words (yet!)
    Love your random posts! I should do more of those.
    Can't wait to start the Dec. Daily! Can't wait to see yours!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate granola . . . chocolate ANYTHING = fantastic.

    Glad you got a clean bill of health from the doctor. Sadness on the caffeine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...