Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Today

Today's copywork.

Today needed a mid-afternoon reboot. Mama wasn’t focused and things were going downhill fast. One child took a spill down a few stairs. Another got in trouble for not helping pick up. And in all that there is a boy that thinks he doesn’t need a nap anymore.

It’s time to be still.

Stop striving in my own strength because it is not a peaceful house when that happens.

The plan:

A little Curious George.

Massive clean of my desk (while said video is on) and purging ANYTHING that is remotely distracting me from getting our school work done timely thinking I will get to it at some point.

There will probably be a cup of decaf coffee in my future. And the writing down of everything I can think.

And some time to sit and be still and love on these little people that are getting big much too fast.

Copywork by B. She did such a good job on this verse. : )

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on the reboot. We had one of those days this week, too, though sadly, I didn't handle it as wisely as you.

    I hope things look better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...