Friday, January 11, 2013

Project Life 2013, Week 1 ::: December 31 – January 6

Week one is in the book! Nothing fancy this week – I was trying hard to stick with just the Seafoam kit but I ended up branching out in just a couple spots. Running my week from Monday through Sunday is going to take some getting used to … I ended up printing photos on Tuesday and doing the journaling last night before tucking people in bed. All in all, though my time to work on it was spread out, it still went together pretty quickly. And that’s kinda the point. : )
Untitled
On the left:
  • birthday lunch with my birthday twin at one of our favorite restaurants. Yum, and three interrupted hours of kid-free conversation wasn’t bad either.
  • a little bit about my word for the year.
  • cousins that managed to get a hold of my phone. I didn’t count how many similar pictures like this I had to delete off my phone.
Untitled
On the right:
  • T reading to the girls one evening. After he and I went to see The Hobbit (one of my birthday requests), we found my beat-up copy and have been slowly working through it some evenings. Those are some seriously long chapters, but we downloaded it onto a couple of Kindles so our readers can read along with him. That helps!
  • N2 and her little BFF at a super fun birthday sleepover.
  • I have restated reading lessons with B and so far, it’s going so much better than it did last fall. We are taking it very slow and out of the six lessons we have done in the last two weeks, I think we have had tears only once. I’ll take that!
  • snuggling the puppy and winding down before bed.
Untitled
Up close at a couple of journaling cards spots. For my 3x4 cards, I used Seafoam exclusively this week. I love the colors on the cards and how well everything coordinates.
 Untitled
Love the journaling card that ended up on the far right. N2 was struggling to come up with a gift to give her grandpa at Christmas and we came up with the idea of coffee coupons. She can make a cup of coffee in our Keurig (have had practice making lots of hot chocolate of late) and we felt it was the perfect gift for her. He redeemed one of her coupons on Sunday and she was so excited. : )
 Untitled
Untitled
Other materials used:
Happy Friday! We are waiting for T to get home with some dinner (I have the night off!) and then it’s Family Movie Night. Ready for some winding down with my gang before the whirlwind of back-to-back birthday celebrations tomorrow. Have a wonderful weekend!
Project Life is a product and a system created by Becky Higgins and available on Amazon.com. It can be anything you want it to be. You can view all my posts about Project Life here. I'm always happy to answer questions about how Project Life works for me, if you have any.

1 comment:

  1. Love it all, Stephanie! I still haven't done my week. :-( I've had a very unproductive Friday night. Plus, now our color/photo printer is on the fritz. Ugh.

    The seafoam looks great! I love it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...