Saturday, January 19, 2013

Project Life 2013, Week 2 :: January 7-13

Week 2 is in the books. I put this one together last night after our family movie night while the girls were playing a bit before bed. Another very simple week that went together pretty quickly.
Wk2
On the left:
  • racquetball racquets and balls (yes.) Working towards moving more and not killing myself in the process. : )
  • a fun day at CC working on painting like the Italian artist Giotto, ie., creating paint with crushed chalk/pastels and egg yolk.
  • a simple shot of N1 and the boy reading.
Wk2a
The journaling cards on the left side are mostly from the new Studio Calico subscription service. The jury is still out on whether or not I think this is a good investment and something that I’m going to stick with. The title card, “our story”, and the red “arrow” on the far right are from the kit. Also from the kit is “make something today” – it’s printed on a transparency and I backed it with red cardstock to make the letters really pop. The “see/hear/taste” etc., card is from my Seafoam kit. I can see that card being used a LOT this year to sum up different aspects of a week when I don’t necessarily have a photos.
On the right:
  • random school shot of B writing. (The background paper and the “b” are from Cosmo Cricket’s Dutch Girl elements and paper.)
  • some of the boy’s favorite books right now
  • Daddy and boy reading
  • ice cream date with one of the girls
Wk2b
The “hello” card and the “today” card are both from the Studio Calico kit. “Remember This” is from the Wellington Childhood digi kit which I can already see will be getting a lot of use. Browns and red that are throughout. The 4x6 on the bottom right is from the digi Cobalt kit. I love being able to print off my favorite cards. The journaling card on the far right is a file that Cathy Zielske offered for free on her blog for Instagram photos and I am going to predict that may show up one or twenty times in my album this year. Here it is up close:
Wk2d
So cool.
A shot of the “b” card up close. I really like how this one turned out, too. I haven’t had a lot of time to play with some of the digi supplies that I collected a few years ago before the boy was born and I’m trying to remember what all I have stashed away on the computer!
Untitled-1
And that’s that!
Happy Saturday. : ) We’ve been going and going today and it’s finally slowing down for us this afternoon. One little girl is spending the night at a friend’s so we are down by one tonight. I have a suspicion people are going to be asking for food in the near future so I should probably be thinking about moving in that direction. : )
Project Life is a product and a system created by Becky Higgins and available on Amazon.com. It can be anything you want it to be. You can view all my posts about Project Life here. I'm always happy to answer questions about how Project Life works for me, if you have any.

2 comments:

  1. This is great, Stephanie. I love seeing all the supplies you use. I'll be interested to hear what you think about the Studio Calico kit. I'm still not much into using digi elements, mostly because it's a pain for me to figure out where they are and how to get them printed, etc. (Our color printer is still not communicating too well with your computer, too.) I actually did my LO last night, but I still haven't photographed it. Also, a few of the pictures I had developed at Walgreens turned out really, really dark, so I need to re-do those.

    Kudos to you for the racquetball playing! That's great! The girls started gymnastics last week and will hopefully start karate this coming week, but so far all I've done is walk around the track. ;-) I look forward to doing a bit more moving in a few months! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. . . . and that would be OUR computer that our printer isn't communicating with, not YOURS. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...