Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Crazy Days

No other way to describe it right now. There is so much going on that I am having a hard time keeping up with all of it. I was going to make a giant list of the insanity that has comprised this week, but I'm not going to now. (I mean, I still might at some point, so you still may get to look forward to that.) :)

There is a dear, wonderful friend of our family that is dying of gall bladder cancer. One of those stories where they gave her a few months left about a year and a half ago. She's on borrowed time, and it is apparently that it is really near the end. As my sister said yesterday, when we get the email updates on how she's doing, you now kinda close your eyes as you open the email because you don't know if this is the one where she has gone to be with the Lord. I want to share with you some quotes from her emails that she sends (or lately has had to dictate because she can no longer type or write):

  • She was thinking on the fact that Jesus was a carpenter and right now he is heaven finishing her "room." She says, "it's almost ready for her."
    The other day I was sitting in the recliner just as the sun was setting and even with my eyes closed the stream of light that hit my face was so piercingly bright. It made me think of God's glory and how bright heaven will be with just that, no sun is needed Scripture says for the glory of the Lord is light enough. I should say so, if the sun is this bright. Anyways, then I thought about Moses asking to see God's glory and He in His mercy only tucked him in the cleft of the rock and showed him His back. Who can look on God and live? The redeemed when we shall see Him face to face. O that will be glory for me...sing it everyone...

  • Note, this next might be TMI, but it's a beautiful word picture:
    This may sound gross to some of you, but we really are fearfully and wonderfully made. To watch the color of urine is quite fascinating. I always know when I haven't drank enough water, as it goes really dark, and if I drink coffee, watch out. You have no idea what you are doing to your kidneys with that stuff. Other fluids are also indicative of color changes, and it can go from pale, pale, almost clear, to dark sunset amber depending on the time of day, how much activitiy I've been doing and what I've been drinking. There are days when I should have been a scientist or a detective or something. I find the cause and effect part of this whole routine fun and informative. Even Josh noticed the color change. Kind of like having our sins washed whiter than snow. Now there is a color change. :)

  • And another:
    Here's something that encouraged my heart this morning. Remember when Jesus is celebrating the passover supper with His disciples and He tells them that one of them will betray Him? They were also arguing about who would be the greatest in His kingdom. So like us isn't it to be concerned about some silly little thing when we are being told something momentous was coming up. Anyways, that's not the point I'm making, just a sideline. :) So, Luke 22:31 says "Simon, Simon! Indeed Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat." It made me wonder if that is what has happened to me. It's so like Job isn't it, when Satan went before the Lord and boasted that Job served the Lord because of all the blessing He has bestowed on him. (Job 1:9-10) Anyways, has Satan desired to sift me like wheat, to see if I would remain faithful???? What if he has done this to you? in some way or another through a trial of some sort? Hmmmm. Here's the part that blessed me so much. v. 32 says, "But I have prayed for you" Isn't that wonderful. To think that the Lord of all creation, Who is now seated at the right hand of the Father, in the position of power and authority, is praying for me. Wow. And what did He pray for Peter? V. 32 says "that your faith should not fail;" that is one of my biggest fears...that I would not remain faithful right to the end, and bring Him glory, and point others to Him along the way. And perhaps, as the end of the verse says, "strengthen your brethren", that is what I am doing through these emails. This ministry of sharing my life openly with your faithful one, that it is strengthening you my brethren and "sistern". Doesn't that all bless your heart? God's Word is life to my soul and I hate it when I put other stuff before it, because I am the one who looses out. So, yea, just had to share that little bit with you. (Hey Lynn and Linda, hope you didn't mind the repeat :).

  • And lastly,
    One of the hurdles I was facing was that last time I went in for day surgery I came out with cancer, so I think I am gun shy, but after a good cry this morning I was able to recite to Darc one of my favourite hymns from Bible School days, and throughout my life since then.

    He Giveth More Grace

    He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater;
    He sendeth more strength when the labors increase.
    To added affliction He addeth His mercy;
    To multiplied tirals, His multiplied peace.

    When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
    When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
    When we reach the end of our hoarded resources,
    Our Father's full giving is only begun.

    His love has no limit; His grace has no measure;
    His pow'r has no boundary known unto me.
    For out of His infinite riches in Jesus,
    He giveth, and giveth,and giveth again!

    Isn't that wonderful! Oh, how I love Jesus, because He first loved me. And the peace He gave after that...yup, I'm good to go, and I'm soldiering on. So Thank You everyone for praying. Will let you know the results asap. Oh yea, the nurse we had yesterday loves the Lord too so that was a blessing.
    Signing off and putting on the Armor, Lee

    Puts my crazy days into perspective and shows me once again what my focus needs to be on.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for commenting!

    One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...