Thursday, September 28, 2006

Slow Cooker Thursday



I love collecting recipes and especially crockpot ones. As this pregnancy progress through the winter seasons, I envision using my crockpot quite a bit the next several months so that I'm not on my feet late in the day trying to whip supper together. That said, I will eager looking through this week's offerings!

Mine this week is one that I made weekly our first year of marriage ... I always had the ingredients and it is EASY!

Cheesy Crockpot Chicken

6 chicken breast halves, throw them in the crockpot frozen rock solid
garlic powder, to taste
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup

Rinse chicken and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix undiluted soup and pour over chicken in a crockpot. Cook on LOW all day.

Serve over rice or noodles or baked potatoes.

This is wonderful ... it's great for kids because of the cheesy sauce. They love it! My personal favorite is serving it over baked potatoes or rice as opposed to the noodles, but it's all good. You could even add a handful or two or frozen mixed veggies the last hour or so. Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...