Friday, September 01, 2006

30 Days of Marriage, Day 1

Pray that your husband will grow spiritually and consider his accountability before the Lord. Pray that he will guard his heart by developing spiritual disciplines—Bible reading and study, prayer, meditation, scripture memorization, etc.

This is something that I am extremely grateful for in Travis, but I defintely don't think about it or pray about it enough. God has truly blessed me with a husband that loves to study and search out the Scriptures.

I remember when we were first married, Travis was reading through the minor prophets in the evenings. Sometimes he would fall asleep with his Bible open across his chest while he lay on the couch, having read so long that I went to bed and left him in our living room to fend for himself. :) That amazed me. I honestly have longed for that hunger of the Word but it has always seemed just outside of my grasp. Where you forsake all other entertainment, whether it be TV or books, and just spend time in the Word because of the immense draw of God's truth. Thank you Lord that you have keps his first love of You strong in His heart and that He continues to pursue You daily.

Tonight took this love of the Word and being a student of the Lord to the next level. I proofread (for typos only!) his first assignment for a class he is currently taking with Dallas Theological Seminary ... the first in a new journey and step for our lives together.

2 Peter 3:18:
...but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Proverbs 4:23
Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life.

And, in my fiction sabbatical, I've made it one day so far. I feel sure the tremors and shakes won't start until next week sometime. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...