Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Octonauts & the Frown Fish

Immedium Publishing recently send me The Octonauts & the Frown Fish to peruse and review with my girls. If you are a fan of Hello Kitty/Sanrio type art and cute little Japanese-style animated characters, this book should be right up your alley.

The Octonauts are eight little quirky characters that work together in the Octopod - their underwater vessel. For example, there is Sauci Dog, Nurse Peso Penguin, and Tweak Bunny just to name a few. Each character is cute and cuddly and looks like there should be a line of stuffed animals with their names on them. :) In this story, The Octonauts & the Frown Fish, these undersea travellers come across a new-to-them fish that is frowning. In their quest to help this fish, and wipe that frown off his face, they try all sorts of activities and work as a team to try and cheer him up!


My girls enjoyed this book and wanted more of these cute animal adventurers. There are three books in the series - this is the third - so I'll be on the lookout for them. If you have a little one that likes to color, I also recommend heading over to their website where you can print off color pages of different scenes from the book.

1 comment:

  1. I was looking at this particular book recently and wondered about it. The concept sounded cute and I am curious to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...