Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What's on My Nightstand :: July


Way too many books. That's the short answer of what's on the nightstand this month. I mentioned yesterday that I have been thoroughly enjoying the Tea Shop Mysteries by Laura Child, but as a consequence, everything else is stacking up. I'm itching to get into some of those non-fiction books there soon, so I think several of them will be on tap for August starting with the one on the top : Elizabeth George's A Woman's Call to Prayer. (I've read this before, several years ago, but felt the tug to pull it off the shelf as we begin our first year of homeschooling next week.)

For more nightstand posts, and suggestions of what to read if you are at a loss, head over to 5 Minutes for Books.

(For those that can't tell the titles in the above stack they are, from top to bottom: A Woman's Call to Prayer, Not So Fast by Ann Kroeker, A Mother's Heart by Jean Fleming, The Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson, For the Family's Sake by Susan Schaeffer McCaulley, Thrush Green by Miss Read, Chamomile Mourning by Laura Childs, The Duggars: 20 and Counting by The Duggars, and The Frontierman's Daughter by Laura Frantz.)

Previous Nightstands posts, if you still need more ideas of what to read:
May
February
January
November 08

10 comments:

  1. I'll have to check into that series (like I needed another series to read!). Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:19 AM

    I just started The Frontiersman's Daughter last night. Also, I really enjoyed the Duggars' book. I am very impressed by them, and although I am not planning on 18 kids, there are great tips in there for families of any size. Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:21 AM

    hehe I am with Jolanthe.. I want to look into that series! Great list of books.. good luck making a dent in the stack :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard good things about the Duggars book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm interested to read your review of the duggars' book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHHh I want to read the Duggars book.

    Some Nightstands I DON"T like reading about because I know I'm going to find a ton more to add to my reading stack. Your nightstand is one of my nemeses! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:07 PM

    I've read the Duggars' book and I really enjoyed it. You've got me interested in A Woman's Call to Prayer now! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:58 PM

    The Tea Shop mysteries sound intriguing! The mothering books sound good, too. I've read and liked a couple of Elizabeth George's. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Tea Shop mysteries look good. Love Elizabeth George.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:04 PM

    I had the Duggar's book on my library holds before we moved. I'd love to hear what your thoughts are.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

One of my goals this year has been to diversify my reading. As I've spent the last 17 years homeschooling anywhere from 1-4 kids, I woul...